22406 VC – California Vehicle Code 22406
22406 vc – Exceeding 55 mph Commercial Truck Driver Speed
Definition of California Vehicle Code 22406 vc
California Violation Code 22406; So, you’ve got a red light ticket? Ticketbust can help you fight it.
Violation code 22406 states that no person may drive any of the following vehicles on a highway at a speed in excess of 55 miles per hour:
- A motortruck or truck tractor having three or more axles or any motortruck or truck tractor drawing any other vehicle.
- A passenger vehicle or bus drawing any other vehicle.
- A school bus transporting any school pupil.
- A farm labor vehicle when transporting passengers.
- A vehicle transporting explosives.
- A trailer bus, as defined in Section 636.
Cost of California Vehicle Code 22406 vc
- $285 average ticket cost for truck drivers driving 1-9 mph over the speed limit.
- $500 average ticket cost for truck drivers driving 10 or more mph over the speed limit.
However, the actual cost of violation code 22406, exceeding 55 mph commercial truck driver speed or speed while towing, can be much higher than just the court imposed fine for the ticket. If you just pay the traffic ticket, a point will be added to your driving record and can stay there for 3 more years.
Think about it, depending on how many points you have on your driving record and who you use for your auto insurance, the true cost of this one traffic ticket on your driving record could end up being $2,700 or more over 3 years.
You may also want to keep in mind that if you have 4 points on your driving record in on year, or 6 points in 2 years, or 8 points in 3 years, the DMV will suspend your driver’s license. If this happens, you can bet it will cost you a lot more in possible lost wages, court fines, and other personal expenses due to the lack of having a valid driver’s licenses.
The estimated total court fine for violation code 22406, exceeding 55 mph commercial truck driver speed or speed while towing, will vary based on the additional county and city fees added on to the State fine for this ticket.
Fight CVC 22406
If you receive a vehicle code 22406 ticket, there is a way to get this ticket dismissed. That is because the police often use radar devices to determine speed of a car or truck. Just remember radar devices and the police are not perfect. Here are somethings to look out for:
- Are there other cars, trucks or trees around you? If there are, it’s possible that the radar device picked up the speed of other cars or objects.
- Is the officer trained to use the device? Radar devices need to be used properly in order to get an accurate reading.
- Is the radar device calibrated correctly? Maintenance in needed for radar devices to make sure they are picking up the right speed.
Other Common California Speeding Tickets
Exceeding 55 mph Commercial Truck Driver Speed – vc 22406
Exceeding 100 mph – vc 22348
Exceeding 65 mph Freeway Speed – vc 22349 a
Exceeding 55 mph 2-lane Highway or Freeway – vc 22349 b
Unsafe Speed – vc 22350
Exceeding 70 mph Freeway Speed – vc 22356 b